WerthSchröder Inc. is the cat amongst the pigeons in Johannesburg’s attorneys’ scene. Partners Volker Werth, Kay Schröder, Wayne Venter and Angelika Yakovchuk put their knowledge and experience together to found a firm in which their skills and competencies are fast-forwarding their reputation.
Werth Schröder Milestones
- 01 March 2012WerthSchröder Inc. open it's doors.
- 02 March 2012Appointment of Kay Schröder, Volker Werth, Jasmin Schweitzer and Wayne Venter as Directors.
- 25 May 2012Official Launch Party at the German Chamber.
- 06 June 2012Appointment of Angelika Yakovchuk as Director.
- January 2013Angelika Yakovchuk - engaging with the Minister of the Department of Home Affairs, resulting in change of national policy.
- February 2013Kay Schröder - Obtaining an important decision regarding the validity of Trusts in the Johannesburg High Court.
- June 2013Angelika Yakovchuk - elected as a Vice President of French South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Volker Werth - appointment as director of Saarland International (official representative of the economy of the State of Saarland) in South Africa.
- November 2013Kay Schröder - Winning ICC arbitration award against the South African Government for an Austrian client.
- February 2014Kay Schröder - Conclusion of an important acquisition of the majority shareholding in a South African manufacturing company. Angelika Yakovchuk - appointment as a member of advisory committee on immigration. Volker Werth - appointment as approved legal service provider to the High Commission of Canada in South Africa.
- March 2014Kay Schröder - Interview with Business Day Live
Youtube Link - http://youtu.be/gKVYGB7h9C8
- March - July 2014Kay Schröder - Comments on the Oscar Pistorius trial for German TV RTL.
Volker Werth - presentation to potential investors (focus on BEE) in Hannover, Germany.
Volker Werth - presentation to potential investors in Saarbruecken, Germany.
- April 2014Prof. Dr. André Thomashausen - appointed to head up the Africa Desk.
- June 2014Kay Schröder - Re-elected to the Senior Council of the German – Southern African Chamber of Commerce.
Angelika Yakovchuk - appointment on the board of Euro Chamber in South Africa.
- July 2014Angelika Yakovchuk - appointment as an immigration legal expert for National Treasury Project on National Policy on One Stop Border Posts in South Africa.
Volker Werth - moderator to Canadian trade delegation (mining and energy sector).
- August 2014Kay Schröder appointed by the High Court of Cologne, Germany, as an Expert Witness in South African Trust Law.